|Donna came to Atlanta on July 27th to Chastain (an outdoor amphitheater) and since the accounts of her prior concerts are about the same, I thought I would do something a little different. So here goes...
THE TOP TEN THINGS THAT I SAW AND FELT AND YOU MAY SEE AND FEEL AT DONNA'S CONCERT
10. Donna commenting on the heat "Boy is it hot!" (it was 95 with a heat index of 102)
9. Speaking of hot, Mary (Donna's sister) was looking good...fit and trim!
8. Yvonne had a 'new do' (hair, that is)
7. Donna sang an accapella version of 'Aquarius' in German...very impressive!
6. I was the 'opening act' (I tripped and fell down the stairs before the concert even started...I told the EMT's that I only pulled a muscle in my leg..."I'M NOT LEAVING!!!"
My friends asked if I would do an encore of 'I'll Tumble 4 Ya'... ha, ha)
5. "Smile" and "Nights in White Satin" were impressive!
4. For "On the Radio", she picked 6 or 7 people to be on the stage.. they were having a great time!
3. Bruce looked good and sounded excellent on his "Le Imagine Cafe" song.
2. Donna looked great and she was in good spirit, also. She talked about her family and gave us updates on her daughters.
...and the Number One thing THAT I SAW AND FELT AND YOU MAY SEE AND FEEL AT DONNA'S CONCERT
1. That voice, that voice, that voice... as usual, it gave me chills. Two of my friends had not been to a Donna concert before... now they understand why I'm such a fanatic!
- Harry Gideon
|Hello from Atlanta. Well it did not rain during the concert but the second she finished Last Dance, it poured - it was a Hot Summer Night (literally). 20 minutes before the show, they repeatedly played 'I got your love', then the lights dimmed and Donna graced the stage. It appeared everyone stopped fanning themselves with those promotional Bellsouth paper fans on a stick as well were in a trance watching our goddess sing in that heavenly voice. This was my 2nd Donna concert and it definitely the best one for me so far. So I am not going to repeat her show as it was pretty much in sync with the other reviews. I did however, go out after the show to a little video bar called Oscars and took a poll who went to the concert. Quotes: 'Awesome', 'She has the most incredible voice', 'Donna and Barbara - no other female artist can touch them', and my personal favorites, 'Donna is officially part of my DNA' and 'My whole body tingled as every hair on my body rose'...I went out the 2nd night to sports bar called Woofs, there I met a gentleman named Thomas who took his mother, we discussed the concert and shared Donna stories including our first time hearing her. He was the one that stated, 'she is officially part of my DNA' LOL. Great show, and Atlanta truly loves her!
- Mario from Atlanta